Sigma Automotive gathers for you a few most advanced & innovative automotive battery (& related) accessories. When your car battery functions at most optimal condition, you help the environment & enhance your car performance by:
Batteries may create the following potential environmental hazards:
- prolonging battery lifespan thus generating less hazardous waste
- restoring battery condition (e.g.: desulfating) thus alleviating the workload on the alternator, which translates into improved mileage
- expanding energy storage via the use of on-board super capacitors thus creating a more powerful energy source
- minimizing inadequate grounding so that vehicle performs better in terms of power & fuel consumption
- minimizing voltage fluctuation so that vehicle performs better in terms of power & fuel consumption
- May cause burns or other detrimental health issues to eyes & skin.
- Leach lead & acid into soil, groundwater, surface water systems.
- Pollute the lakes & streams as the metals vaporize into the air when burned, and cadmium & lead may end up in the ash.
- Contain long corrosive acids.
- Contribute to heavy metals that potentially may leach from solid waste landfills.
- Extreme heat and stop-and-go driving are two of the most demanding applications a battery can face during its lifetime.
- A car battery contains 18 pounds of lead and one pound of sulfuric acid.
- Household batteries contribute many potentially hazardous compounds to the municipal solid waste stream, including zinc, lead, nickel, alkalines, manganese, cadmium, silver, and mercury.
- In 1986, 138,000 tons of lead-acid batteries were disposed of in the US.
- In 1993, 80 to 95% of automobile batteries were recycled.
- Scientists Build Incredible Supercapacitor Using… Pen Ink? - GIZMODO, 2012-09-03
- Paintable Battery - Scientific Reports, 2012-06-29
- Century-old battery technology given new life - US Army, 2012-06-28
- Army scientists energize battery research - US Army, 2012-06-06
- Why Apple’s iPhone Charger Is So Expensive - Gizmodo, 2012-05-21
- New metal mix could lead to cheap, plentiful sodium-ion batteries in gadgets - Engadget, 2012-05-05
- "Decorated" nanowires could lead to better batteries and solar cells - Gizmag, 2012-05-01
- Mazda announces world first capacitor-based regenerative braking system - Gizmag.com, 2011-11-24
- Battery Breakthrough Could Improve Capacity And Reduce Charge Time By A Factor Of Ten Each - Physorg.com, 2011-11-16
- Acclaim for Toyota Supra HV-R hybrid race car - Physorg.com, 2011-11-13
- Dipping May Improve Ultracapacitors and Batteries - Physorg.com, 2011-10-05
- Increasing processor efficiency by 'shutting off the lights' - Physorg.com, 2011-02-28
Click on each of the following product images to go to its dedicated page for more info & to order.