Next Generation Wiper Blades from PIAA Japan & PIAA USA
3 very important criteria for choosing the best wiper blades in today's environmental era:
And of course that it wouldn't hurt if it looks extraordinarily good & sporty, too!
- Lifespan: The longer its lifespan, the less waste for the environment, & the easier on your wallet. This is achieved by the material used and/or the hydrophobic coating that the material is applied with.
- Aerodynamics: The less turbulence a wiper generates, the less drag it imposes on your vehicle & the higher fuel ecnomy that you can get. This is achieved by an integrated spoiler and/or a low-profile design. Vehicles with steep windshields can benefit from a spoiler wiper to help smooth the transition of air between hood & windshield.
- Refills availability: Any design that mandates you to throw away the complete blade every time it gets exhausted is just plain silly & anti-environmental. You should only need to buy the wiper blade once & then refills down the road.
Upgrade & Upsize:
Switching from factory to PIAA wiper blade is a big upgrade. But why not upsize your blades too if space permits? Follow these steps:
We hereby present to you some latest wiper blades by PIAA Japan. Certain models are readily available via PIAA USA so delivery is quicker. But other models are specially imported by us from Japan direct & the usual JDM delivery time of 4-5 weeks remains.
- Identify the lengths of your current factory blades. You can use the PIAA USA application guide (link is provided below), or your owner's manual. Jot down all recommended sizes.
- Spread a thin layer of baby powder onto the window & see if your setup allows for any additional length to be used. Please pay attention to both ends to determine where do they hit the edge of the window (or object). Record the lesser # of the two. Multiple this # by two & add the value to the recommended length in step 1. Remember that a 12" long wiper is 1" longer than a 11" one but at the same time, it's only 1/2" longer on both ends.
- If you have a metric ruler, that's the best as all PIAA wipers are measured in mm, not inches.
- Don't upsize to 28" from a shorter length as 28" PIAA blades require thicker adapters so most likely this cannot be done. If your size is 26", stick with it.
Silicone Wiper & Super Silicone Wiper:
Silicone seems to be an ideal material to use for wiper but beware of terminology confusion. When other brands label their products as silicone wiper blades, they mean the material being used in the blade. But PIAA's Super Silicone wiper blade means not just the material being used but also the activated silicone-coating on the blades! As the blade wipes across your windshield, this silicone-coating will keep recharging the hydrophobic layer for you automatically! No other blades are made like the PIAA's.
- Activated silicone-coating action
- Revolutionary beading (hydrophobic) action
- Highest quality silicone rubber compound
- Resistant to all adverse climates - heat, ozone and ultraviolet for extended life
- Compatible with any type of windshield
DISCLAIMER: These three JDM PIAA wiper blade lines (VERA, TreBasso & SPORZA) fit on most vehicles especially Japanese imports but if you happen to own one of the followings (Chrysler, Dodge, Audi, Citroen, Audi, Opel, Peugeot, Porsche, VW, Volvo, Renault, Jeep, BMW), you may need special adapters which are not included & are not available via us. The rest of the lines come w/ adapter kit so they fit on most makes/models out there.
Also, JDM models have p/n preceded w/ 2 or 3 letters and those come in strictly Japanese packaging with only Japanese instructions. JDM models require 3 ~ 4 weeks for delivery. Use metrics (in mm) as the more precise measuring units. The Imperial units (in inches) are for rough reference only.
VERA Super Silicone - PIAA Japan's 2008 newest line (a.k.a. Forza Hybrid). Its Aero Cover curvy design is considered to be PIAA's most beautiful wiper design so far but it also provides aerodynamic benefits like anti-lifting at high speeds and turbulence minimizing for fuel economy. It has this ingenious integrated side-spring frame design that forces the blade to hug the windshield with greater pressure than a standard wiper. The wiper frame itself features a powder-coat finish over zinc plating to resist rusting. Can use regular PIAA refills. This is the mother-of-all-PIAA-wipers. Certain non-Japanese imports may need the VH-1 Conversion Adapter.
| FOB: Japan
|| PIAA VERA
| FOB: USA
|| PIAA Forza Hybrid
TreBasso Graphite - PIAA Japan's 2008 new line. Not available in the US except here. Special graphite used for smooth operation. 3-L concept: Low center of gravity, low wind resistance, low friction. The only frameless wiper on the market w/ refillability! Refills are interchangeable between graphite & super silicone. The precise lock location of the wiper blade balances the blade on the windshield to create optimum pressure & wiping quality. Available in Hook-Lock style only for many Japanese vehicles.
SUPER SPORZA Super Silicone - This is PIAA's Super Silicone wiper + Aerodynamic Spoiler. The spoiler reduces lift at high speeds & provides better aerodynamic for fuel economy. Available in either flat black or attractive carbon fiber like finish. Certain sizes (w/ p/n SSU-) are exclusive to the Japan market thus you probably can't find them anywhere else. All come w/ adapter kit to suit most makes & models out there.
| FOB: Japan/USA
|| PIAA Super Sporza
SPORZA Super Silicone - This JDM line was never exported to the US until now. Its spoiler has a lower profile than the SUPER SPORZA line but it looks sportier with bold PIAA Formula Aero Wing letterings on it. It's also the only PIAA model that is available in black, carbon & chrome. No adapter kit included so fits mostly Japanese models.
Super Silicone - PIAA's most popular line with the widest selection. Only black is available. Comes in straight & curved forms. The latter is engineered for many curved windshield found on many of today's European & some domestic vehicles. Normal 'straight' blades simply do not comform to the aggressive contours of these windshields. The result, key areas of the windshield remain untouched thereby reducing visibility. Come with adapter kit.
| FOB: USA
|| PIAA Super Silicone
REFILLS - Super Silicone - Fits all PIAA Super Silicone Wiper Blade assemblies. Match the length of the refill to the length of the wiper blade currently installed on the vehicle. PIAA wiper refills will mostly likely NOT fit your Original Equipment and other manufacturers' wiper blade assemblies. The only exceptional case is that if your current wiper has a square-type claw and stop as shown below. We cannot check for compatibility for you here, sorry.