MITO Deluxe Carbon Fiber Dual Temp Universal Seat Heater Kit
This heated seat kit is the latest in Carbon Fiber Seat Heating Technology. These pads (with carbon fiber strands running inside them) are a quantum leap over the previous generation. These pads (i.e. strands) can be trimmed with scissors. Each carbon fiber strip has approximately 300% more CF material then the previous generation model which gives you up to 300% more heating surface. Each Strip has its own power connection, so each strip works independently of the other strips meaning you can cut a strip and it would not affect any of the other strips.
Carbon fiber is the best seat heating pad material in the marketplace:
- The CF strips are pliable and a good conductor of electricity which can be designed to incorporate a variety of shapes which are interconnected and form a grid which can be sewn over. CF will not corrode, become weak or break like copper heating elements.
- This Deluxe Universal Seat Heater allows the installer to trim the length of the carbon fiber pads or to cut holes in the center of the pads to accommodate any seat design or seat sensor and still provide heat. Pads are cut with regular scissors or razor blade to create any pattern to fit any seat.
- The parallel heating fibers ensure long life and dependability. With conventional, serial seat heaters, any abuse that breaks the heating wire shuts off the entire heater; the same abuse would only render a small portion of our heater inoperative so the driver will still be cozy and warm!
- Ultra-thin carbon fibers mean no bulky and uncomfortable wires. Other than the soothing warmth there's nothing to make the driver or passenger think their seats are out of the ordinary!
This kit will install in any seat with a 12V electrical system. This kit is for a single seat's back & bottom. This 2 pad kit is designed to install between your seat upholstery (leather, vinyl or cloth) and the padding underneath. Installation may require removal and re-installation of seat and seat covers, as well as basic knowledge of the vehicle's wiring. Please see below for installation manual.
You cannot use just 1 element or use the elements alone as replacements to a currently installed kit. Heating elements must be trimmed around a seat airbag or occupant sensor. Bottom & back pads are interchangeable.
> Illuminated 2-Color Switch
> New Dual Temperature Control System
- Peak Deluxe Heated Seat Kits are equipped with an illuminated 2-color dual temperature High/Off/Low rocker style round switch has been developed to provide you with the latest switch technology.
> Backrest & Seat Bottom Heating Pads
- An electronic control module (built into wiring harness) regulates the electricity / temperature circulating within the carbon fiber seat heating pad. This system regulates the flow of power in micro-pulses and maintains a narrower temperature range whether in a high or low setting. Example: The high setting will have a constant range between 120°F to 125°F. The low setting ranges between 110°F to 115°F. These respective temperatures are maintained at these respective levels.
- Included in the wiring harness is an advanced solid-state, micro-pulse power regulator that controls the power / temperature of the heating pads. By timing the electrical pulses instead of using a conventional rheostat, less energy is consumed by the controller and more is available for the heating elements.
> Quick Disconnect Flexible System
- Back = 9" x 18" / Bottom = 9" x 15"
- These pads have been designed to these dimensions to enable a universal fit in older as well as newer style seats. Pads are approximately 1/32" thick. Either pad can be installed in back or bottom.
- Length can be trimmed to any size, width cannot be trimmed and has to stay at 9".
> Quick Heat Up Time
- Peak Deluxe Heated Seat Kits allow you to get rid of unwanted seat heater wiring when you install switches on the side of the seat. Our seat heaters are equipped with quick-release connectors that can reduce your wiring length by 36" eliminating the need to tie up and hide a bunch of wiring.
> Electrical Specs
- You should start to notice the effect of heat within the first 2 minutes of starting the system in the High temperature setting.
- Wattage: 24~30 watts per pad, 48~60 watts per seat.
- Current Draw: 4 Amps on Low heat setting and 5 Amps on High setting per seat.
- 188 BTU fused system.
Package Contents (for 1 seat):
- 1 Backrest Pad 9" x 18"
- 1 Bottom Pad 9" x 15"
- Pads are approximately 1/32" thick and each has 2 rows of double-sided tape to adhere to seat.
- 1 Electronic Temperature Control Module
- 1 pre-wired (pre-soldered) Dual Temp High/Low (off in the center position) Bi-Color Illuminated 13/16” (21mm) Round Switch
- Quick-Lock Cable Ties & Adhesive Insulating Tape
- 2-Wire installation (red to +12V & black to ground). Everything plugs into each other.
- Installation Manual/Guide
- Warranty: 1 year from date of purchase
- NOTE: Please click on image to see a close-up shot of the pads!
Exceptions! Every vehicle sold in the USA (and many other countries) today has an airbag sensor system embedded in the passenger seat. These sensors gather data for height, weight, and positioning of the person sitting in the front passenger seat. The data is used to determine how fast, if there's a delay, and what order and intensity the airbags deploy for the front passenger. For example; Honda (2002~2011) uses a system for many of their vehicles that malfunctions when aftermarket seat heaters are installed in the passenger seat. Some OE seat heaters even avoid the cushion pad altogether and heat the back only. Moreover, airbag sensors may be melted by a seat heater. For that reason, it would be unsafe for any person riding in the passenger seat should the vehicle be in an accident. So please identify to see if your passenger seat has an embedded airbag sensor system, then email us to check for compatibility.