Introducing the patented SHAKER ™ Wiper De-icer Plus: An innovative convenience technology which "Simply Makes Your Blade More Effective." "ALL" blades Including Teflon, Silicon, Winter and the new Flat blades can benefit from the SHAKER™.
Have you ever experienced poor Wiper Blade quality during a Winter Season? Over 97% of people surveyed, said YES they have!
Every year, many thousands of vehicle accidents occur in Snow or Sleet conditions - a large # of these resulting in FATALITIES. Let's face it; if you can't see clearly out of your windshield, it becomes a MAJOR SAFETY issue.
Of course, we hope you've never attempted to clear your wiper blades by rolling down your window & trying to catch the darn thing - while hurtling down the highway. If you have, you're not alone, despite it being a dangerous (& cold) thing to do during a snowstorm on slippery roads - many people do!
Now finally, an affordable new technology improves Wiper Blade performance, in the Worst of winter conditions.
How To Use The SHAKER™ and Safe Winter Driving
Before Starting Your Winter Journey:
In addition, what about dealing with trapped wiper debris in the warmer months, e.g., leaves, twigs, pine needles etc.? Not to mention, large bug deposits (e.g. Mayflies), bird droppings and mud deposits (wet or dried) on your windshield!
- Ensure Your Vehicle Washer Reservoir Is Filled With -40C Washer Fluid.
- Ensure Your Defroster Is Functioning Properly By It Putting Out Sufficient Heat To The Windshield (you might get a little hot with lots of heat on the windshield, but remember that the SHAKER™ is a wiper blade de-icer, not a windshield de-icer, so keep lots of heat on the windshield at all times).
- Ensure You Have Cleaned Your Windshield & Wiper Blade (in good flexible condition) To Be Free Of Ice & Snow (using the SHAKER™ will help maintain that condition).
- Activate The SHAKER™ At The First Sign Of Any Wiper Problem Related To Snow or Freezing Rain (for approximately 5 to 10 seconds at a time). The SHAKER™ Will Function Best While The Wipers Are Actually Moving Across The Windshield. It May Be Beneficial To Apply Some Washer Fluid To Any Wiper Related Problem - The SHAKER™ Will Make Better Use Of The Fluid Applied By The Way.
- Use Four (4) Snow Tires - They Make A Big Difference In Winter Driving.
- Have An Ice Scraper In Your Vehicle (& use it before you start your journey).
- Have An Emergency Kit In Your Vehicle (e.g., blanket, candles, flairs etc.).
- Get A Cell Phone.
- Drive Appropriately For Any Given Road Condition.
- Use Common Sense.
Patented in the U.S. & other countries in the world, Wiper Shaker Technology is the only technology of its kind. This is not an improvement on existing patents - this is the mousetrap for vibrating a wiper assembly. This makes the blade more dynamic. For simplicity sake, in the winter, this technology somewhat simulates (only better) what a driver would normally do by hand, i.e., shake the wiper arm / blade assembly. During warmer months, the vibrating action, which causes the blade to skip across the windshield in ~1/2" - 1" increments (thus displacing any trapped debris), also allows the blade to work more effectively against windshield deposits when used in conjunction with fluid.
Quite simply, it's simple to install, simple to operate and simple to understand. Like the wiper blade itself, this will prove to be an enduring technology in the automotive sector, i.e., vibrating a wiper arm / blade assembly.
Why the Shaker™?
Shaker™ utilizes vibration to shatters or dislodge "Trapped" debris (including leaves, twigs and pine needles etc.) from under wiper blades in mere seconds!
Shaker™ also effectively deals with "Conformance" & "A-Pillar Build-up" problems at the early stage. It will even free up a wiper blade frozen in the parked position caused by initial freezing rain or car wash run off.
Shaker™ allows a wiper blade to make much more efficient use of washer fluid. This is made possible because, when activated, the resultant vibrating action causes a moving wiper blade to literally skip across the windshield in ~1/2" to 1" increments (jumping only 1/16" off the windshield). Because of this skipping action, the blade stays wetter longer, with only a small amount of washer fluid dispensed on the windshield, i.e., more fluid stays on the windshield, thus allowing better penetration into various windshield deposits.
Shaker™ clamps onto to any type of existing wiper arm that uses a "hook" wiper arm (Pin & Side Adapter available 2005/6) and has the appropriate clearance (see “Installation”).
Shaker™ is a sealed system allowing it to function in any winter environment (e.g., snow, freezing rain, hail etc.).
Shaker™ only requires approximately one ampere to operate and only while the unit is vibrating! Thus, there is no fear of excessive battery drain or a waning alternator system in extreme situations.
Shaker™ is environmentally friendly and does not require the use any consumables (other than fluid when removing bird droppings deposits etc).
Shaker™ is activated from inside the vehicle at the push of a button.
Shaker™ has no comparable competition.
Shaker™ is portable when using the cigarette lighter version, should you decide to sell your vehicle.
Shaker™ - drivers have been waiting decades for such a simple solution!
Shaker™ is manufactured under ISO 9000 guidelines and utilizes only high quality components that will ensure reliable usage. As an example, a high quality motor (e.g., wide temperature range & high MTBF), flame, UV and Ozone resistant rubber, and automotive approved adhesives and corrosion resistant materials such as powder coat and Stainless Steel etc.